Our micro program is for our U4-U8 age groups, which typically is for 3-7 year olds. There are a few instances where some 2 year olds have the option of playing, if its a fall season & their birthday falls in September – December. And in our spring seasons children that have January – May birthdays that are 8 years old are typically still eligible. Additionally some U8’s have already moved on to our traveling program which starts at U8. You can view a birth year matrix here.
Micro Soccer is for the youngest players to have fun playing soccer while learning the basics of the game. We strive to teach the U4, U5, and U6 players sound fundamentals; dribbling, passing and shooting, in a fun environment with activities and drills appropriate for their age. Our U7 & U8 players learn more advanced soccer fundamentals to get them ready for our traveling program.
SWSA has partnered with Diamond Soccer training who provide vetted, capable trainers to interact with the players, even at these young ages. Diamond Soccer has a thorough curriculum designed to engage all levels of player for the youngest to those who want to play collegiately. SWSA’s strategic partnership with Diamond Soccer provides a consistent program for your developing player.
Each Micro player will need to have some equipment in order to play. All players are required to wear/have:
- shin guards to both practice and games, no exceptions
- cleats are optional (for the outdoor seasons)
- water bottle (with their name on it)
- soccer ball (with their name on it)
- size 3 ball is requested for U4, U5, and U6 players
- size 4 ball is requested for U7 & U8
- each player is provided an SWSA t-shirt which should be worn on game days.